
This past Sunday, Ethan was ordained a Deacon after Church was over. Will ordained him and he did such a great job and I almost cryed. The Bishop was out of town and so one of the counselors called him up during Sacrament Meeting and it was so great to see Ethan up there. I don't like giving my testimony and well I never have and well I got up there and I was scared. I have always hated getting up in front of people, especially when there is many people, like at church. I told myself all week that I would get up, cause well Ethan is only going to be ordained a Deacon once and I kind of rehearsed what I was going to say and of course I didn't remember everything I wanted to say, but hey that always happens to me. A few people did come up to me after Sacrament Meeting was over and told me I gave a very sweet/good testimony.
When we were about ready to get Ethan ordained, one of the Young Men teachers came up to us and said thank-you for given us another Deacon, Ethan makes it 3 Deacons. He also had his first assignment as a Deacon, he went and collected Fast Offerings and he said it was easy. Next week, he gets to pass the Sacrament for the first time. Then tomorrow, he gets to go to his first activity and they are using the climbing rock wall at SUU and Ethan is very excited.
2 comments:
what a fun couple of posts I've finally caught up on!! I loved when my oldest turned 12 - watching him pass the sacrament for the first time is still a favorite memory of mine... one that I dredge up at those moments when I want to strangle him for being such a rotten teenager :)
Malinda, I'm so glad you bore your testimony! If you hadn't, you'd wish you'd had, but you did, so NO regrets! Don't ever worry about what other people think---who cares, right? And, it's so good for your boys to see and hear you bear your testimony. It will strengthen their testimonies. Congratulations to Will for becoming a deacon and receiving the preisthood! Lots of responsibility for him, but lots of blessings, too.
Post a Comment