Friday, March 2, 2012

Soccer and Stuff

Wow, it's March already. Where has the time gone? Can't believe, I haven't written on my blog since Oct., well actually I can. I am on Facebook quite a lot these days and I am mostly playing a few games on there and seeing if I have any messages and what people are up too. I guess there is a lot I can write about, especially about my kids or what I have been up too. One thing I will say, my 15 year old son made the high school soccer team. Most everyone knows about that, especially if you are on Facebook because I told everyone on there. He will be on the JV team, since he is a freshmen and he is goalie. I think one of the harder positions on the soccer team. I also think he is really good. He started playing when he was 5 years old and he just loves playing soccer. His first game is on Tuesday. I am excited to see him play on the high school team this year and I hope to go to all of his home games. I might be able to go to some of his away games, but not that many at all. I guess we will see what happens, this is all new to me.

I am still struggling with somethings right now and most people have no idea because I don't talk about them much. I have written about some of them on here. My self esteem hasn't been good at all for a number of years and even at the age of 39, I still have issues with it. Maybe if I wasn't made fun growing up, that my self esteem would be really good and I would love myself, but I don't love myself at all. The thing that gets to me still, is no one said, "I'm Sorry." Even after all these years one of those would be great. I try so hard not to compare myself with other people, but I am so used to doing it that I don't know how to stop. I have so many talented people in my ward and in my family, I feel invisible. I feel like I can't compare to this, I feel like I am dying inside and that I don't know if anyone can help me. I am not a crafty person, I don't have a baby(most likely never will), I don't get that many phone calls, no one really asks me to help with things, I don't get invited to that many things, but I do try to have movie night at my house sometimes and sorry I can't invite every one. Plus, I have a 15 year old and most of my ward have young kids. I do love my ward I really do, but I feel misplaced some of the time because I feel like a minority. Like I said before, I don't talk about things going on in my life all that much, I guess I am afraid to open up to people because I think they will not want to be my friend anymore. I try not to offend anyone and if I did I am really sorry. Just had to get these things off of my chest, which have been waiting there for awhile and I do feel a little better. Thank-You to all who read my blog, which I know aren't that many at all.

7 comments:

To Be or Not to Be said...

You are doing fine. I think you are in the "norm" of family-life. It may appear that others are having a lot better time than you are. My life is much like yours. I don't have many phone calls, visitors or invitations to events. However, I am happy and feel perfectly content staying at home and being with my family whenever possible. Will is your best friend and it's great that you two always have dates. I'm sorry your childhood carries painful memories that affect you today. I think you are the one that is going to have to convince yourself of your goodness. I don't know if you've had counseling but it might be helpful. From what I know of your family growing up and the family you have now, you couldn't have a better support system. Somewhere along the way you quit loving yourself. You are worthy of loving yourself.

Unknown said...

Thanks Siri. That means a lot to me. I have had counseling, but I can't afford it right now. Maybe someday I can go back. Sure do love you and miss you. I wish I could come visit you, I hope someday soon I can. Your the best.

Jennifer said...

Malinda, It's interesting that I see so much of myself in you. I don't believe I have ever really fit in. Im sure you know why, Just know that you are loved.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jennifer. I try to be upbeat, but sometimes it is just hard. Thanks for being my friend, it means a lot to me. I hope to see you sometime soon. I sure do love you.

MillerTime said...

Malinda..... I want you to know I think your one of the kindest, sweetest people in our ward. I don't get to talk to you much because I'm in the Primary, so I pretty much only talk to those that are under 4 ft. I just want you to know that I think your doing great and making new people feel loved and welcomed, I envy that quality about you. I also want you to think about this... I have learned that I can NOT control what OTHERS do, I can ONLY control what I do. So, I've learned that I can't wait around or focus on THEIR wrongs that need to be made right... that is THEIR problem, I have a whole list of my own and I need to continue to work on myself daily and repent DAILY. I have found though when I put the focus on ME I feel more positive and happy, because I can MAKE those changes and be proud of myself for moving in the right direction. I hope that helps! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Tammi, that means a lot to me. I know I need to focus on me and not worry about what others think of me, but with doing it pretty much my whole life,it might take awhile to just stop. So, thank-you for your comments. :)

Mariam said...

That is great about Ethan! Well you are doing it, you are writing about it. This is good. Get it out and then move forward. Thanks for the movie night. I liked the movie, I am going to show it to the kiddos.