It is hard to believe that my oldest son, Ethan is 12 years old today. Where did the time go? Ethan was born at 11:45 pm on Dec. 2 and he was 3 1/2 weeks early. I was going to Southern Utah University at the time and I was in my Effective Parenting Class. I had to give a presentation that day and I hate getting in front of class and I always have hated that. Anyway, after I was done I sat down and I gave a sign of relief, well I guess it was more than that. I didn't know anything was wrong, until class was over and I got up. All of the sudden, I started leaking quite a bit and so I went up to my teacher and I told her I think my water just broke. She was talking to 2 girls in the class and both of them are moms, so all 3 of them, agreed with me. One of the girls took me to the hospital and I called my husband, Will there. At the time we lived very close to campus, so Will walked to the school and got the car. He drove to the hospital and later he told me that the song, "Tonight's the Night" was on the radio when he started the car. Anyway, I got to the hospital around 10 in the morning and Ethan wasn't born, until 11:45 pm, so it was a very long labor. Ethan weighed 6 lbs. 4 ozs. and he was 19 1/2 inches long.
Ethan is in the 6th grade and he loves school. His favorite subjects are Math and Science. He is very good at sports and he plays Soccer, Basketball and he wants to play baseball next year. He has many friends and so he is well liked. His friends know he has diabetes and they help Ethan,when he needs it, so I am grateful for his wonderful friends. He is a great big brother to his 2 younger brothers and for the most part they get along. He loves to play Video games and he is really good at them. He also is very helpful around the house, especially the last couple of days, since I have been sick with some stomach virus of sorts.
In my church, when boys turn 12 years old, they get ordained to be a Deacon and this is a big deal and it is exciting too. I just can't believe that I have a son, who is 12 years old and most people also can't believe I have a 12 year old, cause they think I am younger than I actually am. I am 36 years old. I was going to download all of Ethan's birthday's that he has had, but I got sick yesterday afternoon and so I was only able to download his 1st birthday. I do have his 9-11 birthdays, cause I got a digital camera for Christmas 2004. Some of the pictures are of Ethan with Dixie. Hope you enjoyed the pictures.
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ETHAN!!! Where does the time go? Malinda---did I ever tell you that I have a brother and sister-in-law that have 3 (almost 4) boys and 2 are named Conner and Ethan??? Great names, eh?
Post a Comment