Wednesday, December 17, 2008

14 Years of Wedding Bliss

Today is my 14th Wedding Anniversary and it has been 14 wonderful years. I just can't believe that it has been that long and to tell you the truth I never thought I would ever get married and here I am married to a wonderful man for 14 years. Since, Will has to work tonight, we went out to IHOP for breakfast and it was very good. Then we went looking at Christmas Decorations in a few stores and some of them were very cute, but I didn't buy anything right now. During our 14 years of marriage, we have added 3 wonderful boys, who are the best sons that we could ever ask for. Despite all of their challenges, we are thankful for Ethan, Zach and Connor to be a part of our family.

Okay, I will tell you the story of how we met. After I graduated from high school in 1991, I didn't go to college, I just worked for a couple of years, which I am glad I did. I wasn't ready for college yet. I found out about Southern Utah University in Cedar City from one of my cousins and so in Sept. of 1993, I went to SUU. I met Will at the Institute Dance the Saturday before school started and it must of been a great first impression. The first week of school, we kept running into each other. We had a few classes in the same building. He was taking theatre classes and I was taking dance classes. Then Friday comes around and we decide to go to the Institute dance together. Then a bunch of us were going to see the midnight movie that night and I invite Will to come along. We saw "The Fugitive" at the Fiddlers theater and we all couldn't sit together, so Will and I were in the very back, but hey I love sitting in the back and well I still love sitting in the back when I go to the movies. My grandparents were living in Kanab at this time and so when Thanksgiving came, I took Will to Kanab with me, cause most of my family would be there and I wanted them to meet him. Then Christmas came, I went home for the holidays in Ramona CA and Will went back home to Kentucky for the holidays.

Then on Mother's Day in 1994, Will ask me over to his apartment and there were these 2 monkeys dressed as a bride and groom and I didn't get it when I saw them. Then there was the card in back of the monkeys with the ring box in front of the card and I still didn't get it. So, I read the card and yes I finally got it and I of course said yes. We called all my family and then he called his mom. We decided to get married in December in the San Diego Temple. So, I met Will on Sept. 18, 1993, we got engaged on May 8, 1994 and we got married on December 17, 1994. The wedding was beautiful and it was great to have most of my family there, my brother Tim was on his mission. Will's mom and brother were the only ones that came and so it was great to finally meet them. We lived in Cedar City from 1994-July 2004. Then from July-2004-December 2004 we lived in Phoenix AZ, but Will came back in Nov. 2004. Will's new job didn't work out for us, so Will got his old job back in Cedar City and so we moved back. So, we lived back in Cedar City from Dec. 2004-present. That is pretty much the story of how we met and what we have done since then.
I was going to post some pictures of my Wedding Day, but for some reason it wouldn't let me post any pictures, so maybe I will post some pictures later.

3 comments:

TisforTonya said...

I hope you saved the stuffed monkeys! What a great story to tell :)

Happy Anniversary!!

Unknown said...

I didn't safe the stuffed monkeys and I wish I had. Oh well such is life.

Becca said...

I enjoyed reading your story. Sounds like you are a lucky lady! Hope you and your family had a great holiday!