Talisha and I after The Nutcracker Ballet
The Nutcracker tree at The Jubilee of Trees on Nov. 22.Last night, I traveled to ST. George with my best friend Talisha to see The Nutcracker Ballet. We left alittle after 4:30 pm and it was a good thing that I did, that is when the winter storm hit Cedar City. It was windy the whole way down there and it started snowing, but it wasn't to bad to drive in at that time. We got down there at about 5:40 pm and I ordered my tickets online, so I went to keep them up. After that we went to Wingers for dinner and it was very good. Then we went to see The Nutcracker. We got there at about 7 pm amd the ballet started at 7:30 pm, so we looked around at the little gift shop they had there. I am very proud of myself, I didn't buy anything and I saw somethings I wanted to, but I didn't buy anything, so that is good.
The Nutcracker is my favorite ballet and I haven't seen it for 8 years. The Nevada Ballet came to Cedar City in 2000 and so I haven't seen it since then. We went to the Jubilee of Trees in ST. George on Nov 22 and that is when I found out The Nutcracker was going to be in ST. George and I picked Dec. 13 because it was a Saturday. I was so excited when I learned they were going to be in ST. George, I just wish The Nutcracker was going to be in Cedar City sometime again, but who knows if that would happen. The first time that I saw this ballet was in 1991, when I saw it with my sister Sandra and the San Diego Ballet put it on. I thought it was so beautifully done, that I knew that I wanted to see it again and I have seen it about 2 or 3 times, since then.
Anyway, back to the performance of The Nutcracker Ballet from last night. I thought it was really good and they had some really great dancers last night. One of them was the guy doing the Russian Dance, all I can say is wow, he was so good. The other one I liked was one of the girls doing a dance from China, she was amazing. There were other great dancers last night to, but to me those were the ones that stood out. To end the evening, Talisha and I took some pictures by these Christmas trees that were in the lobby. It was wonderful that Talisha could come with me, it just was a nice evening, until we had to drive back to Cedar City.
I was driving and thankgoodness I had the van, cause if I had the smaller car, Talisha and I probably would have stayed in ST. George over night. Talisha said a prayer before we left and then we made our way to Cedar City. It normally takes 45 minutes to get home, well because the freeway was bad, it took us about 1 hour and 15 minutes to get home. I was so thankful, to see exit 57 and to get off the freeway, but I still had to go slow, cause I heard Cedar city got about 6 inches of snow. I dropped Talisha off at her house at 11 pm and I went home. When I got home, I noticed that my wonderful husband shoveled over the driveway for me and I thought that was so sweet of him. I pulled into the garage and I was so glad to finally be home.
4 comments:
I've never been to a ballet and think it would be neat to see the Nutcracker. I'm glad you were able to go and that you made it home safely! Driving in the snow is no fun!
I really should have taken the girls to this - I just couldn't justify spending the $ this year... it'll be back next year - maybe then...
glad the drive was not more treacherous!
I'm glad that you were able to go and made it back safely. When I was little, every Christmas my mom would take all of us to see the Nutcracker. I love the music and have fond memories of going.
Glad you made it back ok!!! I love the nutcracker as well ... I used to go to see it every year in Chicago ....it never gets old for me!
Post a Comment