Friday, May 8, 2009

Something Wonderful Happened 15 Years Ago Today
















I was ENGAGED. It was a Sunday, Mother's Day May 8, 1994 and it was also my sister and her husband's 1 year anniversary, so Happy Anniversary Sandra & Victor. Anyway, I was going to school at SUU and I was living in Juniper Hall at the time. Will and I were going out for almost 8 months by then. He called me wanted me to come over to his apartment at 2 pm and I did. His apartment was across the street at that time. The next part for me to get it exactly right, I wanted to look in my Journal, so this part is what it says word for word .
Will-had something for me in his room and I'm like okay. There were two monkeys on his desk and I'm like "Oh how cute". Will wanted me to open the card and I did, the ring was right there and it didn't dawn on me. Then the card says "You Are Engaged" and I almost started to cry and boy was I shocked. I looked at him, said yes and gave a big kiss to him. Then we talked some and came over here. I called Sandra, but left a message. Then called Gayle and told her and she was happy for me. We talked some and called Sandra and told her and she was so happy. I asked both of them to be my bridesmaids and they said yes. Then went to Will's place, but saw Karl(my cousin) and told him and he was so happy for us. Went to his place to have food and it was getting ready and I called my parents. Amy answered, but didn't tell her, wanted mom on the phone, told her "Happy Mother's Day" and then said mom guess what, I'm engaged and she's oh how wonderful and Amy couldn't believe I didn't even tell her first. Asked her to be one of my bridemaids and she said yes. Then told my dad and that was the fun part and I guess he understood. It will be Dec. 17, 1994(SAT) well hopefully and this summer it's going to be funny-very busy.(I have no idea why I put funny)

Right now we have been married for 14 years 4 months and 21 days and it has been a wonderful marriage and during that time we have added 3 awesome boys, ages 12, 7 and 4 1/4. I hope you enjoyed the pictures at the beginning, I just put all of the engagment pictures that we had taken in Sept. 1994 on the computer this morning and so I hope you enjoyed them. I couldn't find the picture that we had in our announcement, I don't know where that negative went. I hope it is somewhere in the house.

5 comments:

TisforTonya said...

beautiful pictures!

Sandra said...

Thanks for the anniversary wishes! And I had forgotten that you got engaged on the same day! Love the pictures!

Gayle said...

Thanks for sharing your memories! You both looks so cute and young in the pictures!

MillerTime said...

I love seeing those photos of you two in your younger years!!!

Erickson Family said...

happy anniversary