Tuesday, August 4, 2009

BYU Idaho Education Week Part 1

I guess I should tell everyone about my vacation to Rexburg Idaho to attend Education Week and my best friend Talisha's second wedding reception happened to be the same weekend I was going to there, so that was so cool. Anyway, it started the night before I was going to leave, which was Tuesday July 28. I went over to Talisha's house and her whole family was there, cause she was moving and so it was a goodbye party, since some of her family couldn't come to the reception Rexburg. They were busy packing Nate's truck, that is her husband and I was there so they could pack some of their stuff in my van, which Nate and Talisha thanked me over and over again for taking my van to Rexburg, instead of my smaller car, which I was planning on taking in the first place. Anyway, they packed my van full of there stuff and wedding stuff that they needed at the reception in Idaho. I left about an hour and a half later and went home to gather last minute stuff that I needed to take with me.

I woke up early and I left alittle after 7 am. I called Talisha just before I left to tell her I was leaving. They went to bed very late and they weren't leaving yet, but was probably going to leave in a few hours. I stopped in Fillmore, so I could gas up the car and get something to eat. Then I was on my way and then I stopped in Provo, so I could go to my favorite store, "The Quilted Bear" and I was there for about an hour looking around and I had to buy another magnet. I love there magnets and now I have 10 from "The Quilted Bear". Okay, everything was going fine, until I was almost to Roy Utah, which is right next to Ogden and I heard this pop sound and I thought I ran over something. Then someone right next to me on the freeway, told me I had a flat tire and I pulled over on the freeway and I didn't know what to do. I called Talisha to see where she was at and she was about 2 1/2 hours behind me, cause they had some problems of there own. The tarp that was over all there stuff, kept coming lose, so they had to keep stopping and fixing it. She couldn't help me, but she would call some people to see what to do and told me to sit tight. Of course I couldn't do anything, but I got out of my car very carefully to see what tire was flat and it was the rear passenger's side. What made me upset, was nobody pulled over to see if I needed any help, but oh well what do you do. I got back in my car and my husband called to see if I was okay, I guess Talisha called him. He told me to calll 911 to get some help. So, I called them and they got me in touch with the Highway Patrol. I told them where I was and they would get someone there to help. They came about 5-10 minutes later and I was so happy to see him. He was very nice and he got the spare tire, which is underneath the car and he put it on for me and told me where the nearest place to get a new tire was. Thankgoodness it was the next exit and it was a Les Swap, so it has to be a good place. It was and I was impressed with that place. By the time I got there and left it was probably an hour. Will called me to see what was going on and I told him and he was relieved that everything turned out okay. I was on my way and I finally got a hold of Talisha to tell her that I got a new tire and she was gratefully everything turned out okay. I finally ate lunch around 3 pm and it was an Arby's in Tremonton and then I gased up the car in Pocatello. I finally arrived in Rexburg around 6:30 pm. I checked in and I stayed in the dorms. I met 2 of my roommates, who happens to be a mother and daughter and they seem nice. I then looked around campus to see where my classes were and then I went to K-mart to get somethings. Then I ate a very late dinner and then Talisha called me to say she arrived and that his whole family was going to be there to unpack the truck. I then went over there and they unpacked the van for me and I stayed for a few minutes and then I had to leave to get some rest. I went back to the dorm and I met my third roommate, who is the one I was going to share a room with. Her name is Valerie and she is from Page Arizona, which makes her about 3 hours away from me. She also has 5 kids and we got along perfectly. Valerie's sister Christy was also there, who used to live in Arizona, but moved to Texas and Christy was there with her good friend Jessica. Stay tuned for BYU Idaho Education Week Part 2.

No comments: