12 years oldEthan Lee Sizemore born in Cedar City UT at 11:25 pm on Dec. 2, 1996. It has been 13 wonderful years with him and he is such a great son. He loves his brothers, well most of the time he does and his brothers love him a lot, even though it might not seem like they do, especially when they are fighting and then someone ends up crying. I love Ethan so very much and sometimes I wish that I could show him some more that I really do love him.
Just thinking back over these 13 years, well sometimes it seems like a blurr and that I can't have a teenager, cause I don't look old enough to have a teenager, that is what some people say to me. Anyway, he loves sports, especially soccer and over the years he has gotten really good at playing. He started playing when he was 5 and he has played every year, except 1 year, when we lived in Arizona. He also plays Basketball and he has played that for about 4 or 5, I think. He also played tennis once and he played started playing Little League last year and he'll continue that. He also wishes he could play Ice Hockey, but they don't play that around here, so maybe someday he'll play that. He also is really good at playing video games and he has been playing that, since he was 2. He has so many friends, that I haven't even met all of them yet, so you could say he is popular at school, which is good for a 7th grader. So you could say he is a really good friend. As far as birthday parties are concerned, its tradition for him to have a friends party and he has really good friends who love coming, but of course he can't invite all of his friends, that would be way to many. He told me when he was handing out his invitations at school, all of his friends said, "It's that time of year again." This year he invited 21 boys, but not all of them are able to come, which is a good thing because are house isn't that big.
Another thing, I always think of around his birthday's, is the time we could of lost him and I get choked up everytime I think about it. It was the beginning of March 1998, Ethan just had his 15 month check up and everything was perfect with him and his health. Then with in the next 3 weeks, changes began to happen. We just moved into a new ward in Cedar City, so we didn't know that many people in that ward and then we noticed Ethan was losing some weight and he wasn't eating that much and we had to change his clothes all of the time and some days Ethan would just lie there not wanting to do anything. Then 1 Sunday night Will went for a drive and I was home with Ethan. We were watching some tv and then Ethan threw up, so I went to go change him and then Will came home and so we decided right then to take him to the hospital. It took the nurses a few times to get an IV in his arm, cause for one thing he was screaming and another thing they couldn't find a very good vein. He takes after me in that area. Anyway, finally they found a vein, so that was good and they called his doctor. The doctor checked his blood sugar and it was 550 and so right then he told us that he has Type 1 Diabetes and I was in shock, I couldn't believe it, cause in the back of my mind I thought he might of had diabetes, but no one in Will's and my families have diabetes. He stayed in the hospital for 5 days, so Will and I could learn all about diabetes and what we need to do and wow it was lots of information. We were going to take Ethan to the doctor the next morning, since it would of been a Monday, but thank goodness he threw up the night before. If we would of waited, Ethan would of slipped into a coma and died. The lab results came back and it was over 800 and that is way to high for anyone to have. So, he was almost 16 months old when he was diagnosed with diabetes.
No comments:
Post a Comment