Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Thankful Tuesday: My new calling in my ward

Sorry that I haven't done a Thankful Tuesday for a few weeks, but I was on vacation, but I am back now.  I have worked in the primary, I have worked in the nursery, I have worked in the library and right now I am a visiting teaching supervisor.   Well, the Bishop wanted to see me, so I knew it was probably for a calling and he asked me if I knew what calling it was for and I said no.  So, he told me that he has wanted to fill this calling for quite some time and he told me he wanted me to be the Family History Consultant for the ward.  I didn't know what to say, he just told me that the first thing that I need to do is learn how to do the job.  I think I can do this job, but I am a little scared to do the job.  I did accept the calling, I have never turned down a calling before.  I have never done Family History before and I have said on a few occasions that I wish I knew how to do it.  I think it is kind of funny because last month the visiting teaching message was on family history and it was my turn to give the lesson.  I did say I wish I did family history and well now is my chance to do it for the ward.  I want to thank Natalie, who I visit teach and who is now one of my new visiting teachers and who brought that up Sunday, when she came to my house to visit.  She said I will do a good job and that now is my chance.  I guess you can say that I do some family history for myself and that is I keep a Journal.  I started one when I was 11 years and I love having one.  Sometimes I like going back and reading them and my handwriting was terrible back then and I wasn't the greatest of spellers and sometimes I still can't spell very well.  I know I can do this job and I will do my very best, but first like the bishop said I need to learn how do it, so then I can help other people in the ward do family history.

No comments: