Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thankful Thursday : Talents

This is another post that is hard for me to write, so bare with me.  When I think of talents, I think of singing, playing a sport, cake decorating, playing an instrument, sewing, dancing and writing.  I don't have any of these talents, I wish I had some of these but I don't.  This is where I always compare myself to others, especially when it comes to my siblings and I have pretty much done this my whole life and I know I need to stop doing it, but it is hard to stop.  My husband always tells me that I am very thoughtful of others, which I guess you can say is a talent.  Some people have told me what a great visiting teaching partner I have been, I guess that is a talent.  I am a very organized person and I guess you can say that is a talent to.  As you can see, most of my talents are usually not visible to others and maybe that is why people don't ask me to help.  They always seem to ask the same people to help over and over again.  I usually feel useless and just not worth anyone's time.  Well. I do have talents and I just wish people would ask me to get involved.  I have a hard time asking anyone if I could help out, but please just ask me.
just because you haven't found your talent yet...doesn't mean you don't have one. -Kermit  thank you kermit, i am still trying to figure out what i want to be when i grow up. ;)
Maya Angelou talent quote



1 comment:

Karen H Duvall said...

You are so super talented, Malinda! Keep blogging!That's one of your talents too! :)