Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Best Friend Talisha

Will and I went to a wedding reception last night and it was for Seth Topham. He happens to be Talisha's younger brother and so it was a very nice reception and I was very glad I was able to go. Talisha's mom is Ethan's primary teacher and she also works at Fiddler's Elementary, where Ethan used to go to school. Now Ethan is going to be in Middle School. Anyway, even though Taliaha is 10 years younger then me, we get along great. Or course many people think I am probably about 25 years old, but that is okay. I have always looked younger, but hey thats a good thing, right? I didn't think that when I was 16, but everyone said, oh when you get older, you will love looking younger, I guess they were right. The day before the wedding, which would of been Thursday, she called me to see if I wanted to go shooping and of course I said yes. No one calls me to go shopping and she didn't have to work that day, so I was happy to go. I also am happy that Will lets me go out, so I can spend time with my friends and he stays home and watchs the kids. He doesn't have to leave for work until 3 pm. I don't have many friends in Cedar City and the ones I do are either younger then me or older then me. But age doesn't matter to me, it shouldn't matter. We had fun shopping, she was looking for last minute wedding things and then we went out to lunch. We go out to lunch a lot. She has a 2 hour lunch.

She works as a receptionist for a husband and wife, who are Chiropractors. For the last 2 months, I have been in there as a patient. The doctors know me, so that was a plus. Thats why I wanted to go to them, even though my insurance doesn't have them in the network, I didn't care. I didn't want to keep driving to ST. George to see a doctor down there, there is some doctors there that is in the insurances network. Anyway, I have had back problems for years, I think since I have had kids and I guess I have other problems too. Like my neck is really in bad shape and so are my ribs and I had no idea I had those problems, but hopefully all these problems will go away, that is why I am seeing them a lot. I usually see the husband, but once I saw his wife and I will see her 2 more times in the next month. I still have problems, but I hope in time all of the problems will go away, we will see if that happens.

Talisha is the best and I am grateful for her being in my life right now. I am her visiting teacher, that is how I became to know her and now we are best friends. I have known her for over a year now and it has been a pretty good year for me so far, I guess. I am trying to be more happy about life. I have to remember all of my blessings in my life, which I have many. I have a wonderful husband, 3 terrific boys, wonderful friends in Cedar City and many other places and a great family. I also have a car to drive, food to eat, and a roof over my head Many people in the world don't have these things, so I have to be thankful for what I do have.

No comments: