
I got to see Brad Wilcox at Zach's school this morning. He is good friends with the Principal there and he came to a school assembly to talk about writing and he also read "Hip Hip Hooray for Annie Mcrae", which to tell you the truth I have never heard of that book before. Anyway, I had to bring Connor with me, but for the most part I guess he behaved okay. It was a good assembly and I was glad I came. Then he was going to be in my son's class to talk about writing and I wanted to go to that, but he wasn't going to Zach's class, until 10:30 and it was 10 am, so Connor and I went for a drive. Came back to the school and went into Zach's classroom and we said hi to him. Connor was not behaving all that well this time, but luckily he was wearing a monkey on his back and I was holding the tail. (leash) After Brad was done, I went up to him and he said he has a present for me in the office, so Connor and I followed him and he gave me a book called "There's Always a Way, Annie McRae" and he put Connor's name in there and signed it. I also asked for a picture of him, so someone took the picture of Brad, Connor and me, along with the book he gave Connor. He also gave me a hug and told me it was good to see me again and thanks for coming.
This is the second time that I have heard him speak. The first time I heard him speak was at a Youth Conference, when I was a Senior at Ramona High School. He knew my Seminary teacher Susan Carr, who was a wonderful Seminary Teacher. She gave all the Graduating Seniors a book called "Gifts For The Heart" by Brad Wilcox and she wrote in my book and told me my book was the only one that Brad Wilcox signed and yes I still have this book.
So as I was walking into Zach's school, I saw Brad walk out of the gym and I went up and talked to him. I told him he probably doesn't remember me, but I am a friend of Susan Carr's and that he spoke at a Youth Conference when I was a Senior in high school. I even showed him the book, "Gifts For The Heart" and I showed him that he signed it too. I am glad that I went, it was another good experience.
1 comment:
I love Brad Wilcox!! Though I haven't heard him speak since Summer Scholars in 1996. Cool experience Melinda!
Post a Comment