Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Can't Do it anymore.

Sadly, today I had to go to the Senior Citizen Center and talk to Connie, who is one of Directors there. I told her about the problems that I have been having with my back and neck and that it wouldn't be a good idea if I kept on volunteering there. I really didn't want to it because I really enjoyed driving the truck and delivering the meals to the Senior Citizens that was on my route. She thanked me for volunteering and if I wanted to start volunteering again to come back in.

On another note, I had a Chiropractor's appointment this morning and Will came with me, which was very nice of him, I really needed him there. My neck has been hurting quite a bit today and it is only 11:33 am, so I hope my neck and my back get better soon. I hate being in so much pain. Some days are better than others.

2 comments:

TisforTonya said...

it's always frustrating when our lives get in the way of our living... but it's good that you recognize that you have limits. I'm working on it this year... by this time next year I will have quit 3 PTA gigs... really!!!

hopefully you'll be able to heal quickly and completely and get back to enjoying all the things you like to do. It's wonderful that you've been doing that volunteer work - they'll miss you for sure!

Gayle said...

I'm sorry you have to give that up -- hopefully you'll be able to get back to it soon!