If you read my blog titled, "My Best Friend Talisha", you know that she works for a husband and wife, who are both Chiropractors and I have been seeing them, since the end of June for lower back pain and well it is also for neck pain too. Anyway, everything was still hurting and well I should of started feeling better, but I wasn't. Ethan suggested to me that maybe I should get an X-Ray and so when I went to see the wife last week, I suggested that to her and she thought it was a good idea. They didn't do x-rays at their office, so she gave me a name of another Chiropractor in town that does x-rays in their office. So, this past Tuesday, I got the x-rays done in the morning and they gave them to me and I then dropped them off with Talisha, since I was seeing my regular Chiropractor later that day. I went there that afternoon and she showed me my x-rays and now we know why nothing is working. She showed me my spine on the x-ray and it is straight, until you get to my lower back and it shows it being all twisted and so I am like oh great, but she says I don't need surgery to fix it, which is very good, she says there are things that they can do in their office to fix it, so that is good. Then she showed me my x-ray of my neck and that isn't good either. It curves the other direction, then it is supposed to and she says usually whiplash causes that and we knew that is why my neck has been hurting me, but we didn't realize it was that bad, but at least she can fix it in the office, I hope she can. She also says there are things that I can do at home too, like be careful how I turn my neck when I look at something, I am trying to do that, but that is hard to do sometimes, especially with 3 kids to look after. Also, I got this pillow that should help with my neck, but the pillow is going to take awhile to get use too, I have only used it twice. As far as my back is concerned, I need to be careful how I pick things up and well sometimes that is hard, especially when I have 3 boys to take care of. I sometimes wish Will had a job that he can work during the day, that I think would help me out a lot, but as long as he works at Metal Craft, he has to work Mon-Thurs. 3:15 pm-1:45 am and so Fridays are considered overtime. He gets paid $1.00 more an hour if he works that shift and we need the money. Anyway, enough about Will's job. Who knows how long my back has been that way and as far as my neck is concerned, I think that happened in 1998, when are car stalled in the middle of the intersection and we got hit from behind, but we thought everyone was okay, well everyone looked okay on the outside. No wonder, I am tired all of the time, especially when it comes to cleaning the house and being outside doing some yard work, that is why Will does certain chores around the house. That is also probably why I don't go outside that much with the kids, cause it hurts a lot to keep an eye on them, cause Connor is to fast and Zach is to slow and Ethan is okay on his own. I am going to be seeing the Chiropractors at least once a week, maybe twice a week for the next month, so hopefully with seeing them more, I will start to improve. I really hope so, I need to be there for my kids and my husband and somedays I am okay and other days, it hurts to really do anything.
2 comments:
What is it with our family and back/neck problems? I'm so sorry you're struggling with it too. It is not fun, especially when you have little ones to watch and take care of. I hope the doctors you're seeing are able to find a treatment that works. It seems kind of strange that they didn't do any x-rays when you first started seeing them, but I'm glad you have more of an idea now about what the problem is.
I can totally relate to the back and the neck stuff - sorry to hear you are having problems too. I know how frustrating it can be. I'm also surprised it took them so long to do x-rays - that has always been the first thing they do at every doctor I have gone to. I hope they are able to help you.
Post a Comment