Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Southern Utah University Special Rodeo

Zach with Miss Rodeo Iron CO and 1ST Queen Attentant
Zach, Will and Malinda
Cute Zachary
Zach riding a bull
Roping a Steer
Zach with Mrs. Mom
Zach on a horse

SUU had a special rodeo for special needs kids in Cedar City and Zach was able to participate. Will and I came to watch him and he had so much fun. When he came in, he had a cowboy hat on and he looked really cute. They had 5 different events to be in and Zach had fun at all of them. All of the events were used by dummy animals, except for 1, which is the horse, which he got to ride on twice and this was his first time on a horse and he loved it. All of the SUU students that were there helped out all of the kids and the guy that helped with Zach, was so good to him and I feel bad I forgot his name. Anyway, his aide is Sherly or as Zach calls her, Mrs. Mom and she is the one that helps Zach out at School and she also helps out a girl in his class too, but Zach needs more help than she does. Zach also has another aide come into help him and this girl after lunch. All and all, Zach really enjoy himself and I am glad that Will and I were able to come watch him and to meet Sherly and she is really good with Zach. Sherly says that Zach makes her laugh alot and I also got to meet her husband and he helps out a few special needs kids at Canyon View Middle School and that is where Ethan goes.

3 comments:

TisforTonya said...

what fun! my kids were whining the other day that we'd never taken them to a rodeo... very true indeed. We've never been at all, and now I've had to promise that we'll make an effort next year!

Gayle said...

How fun for Zachary! Looks like he had a great time.

Sandra said...

It's definitely worth it to see them smile! Glad he had fun!