Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'M SO EXCITED

I love going to the Parade of Homes each year and we have been to them since 1996, but we missed 2004 because we were in Phoenix. It is always Labor Day Weekend and the weekend after Labor Day. Anyway, for many of the houses they have drawings that you can win something and Will and I have never won anything, until this year. I got an e-mail from one of the homes and said I won. I could either choose 2 movie tickets, a Chili's $20 gift card or a massage. Will and I love to go the movies and we also love to go out to eat, so I chose the Chili's $20 gift card. I talked to the guy that send me the e-mail and the gift card will be in the mail, so I should receive it in a few days.
I guess this year they changed the name of Parade of Homes to the Festival of Homes, since this is the Festival City because of the Shakespearean Festival. There were 16 homes to see and we saw all of them, except 1, it was at Panguitch Lake and that is over an hour a way. Plus you got to see a house twice if you wanted and Will and I choose the one by the golf course here, usually those houses are expensive. This house was nice because it was 1 story, it only had 3 bedrooms, but all of them were good size and it was an open floor plan, which we need. Over all it was a nice house and the front and back yards were all ready landscaped, so that was nice.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Congrats! That's awesome to win something!

TisforTonya said...

I saw those floor plans in the paper - I love touring homes (maybe because I know it will be YEARS before I can build one). Congrats on the win - what a treat!