Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Journal

I am so excited, I have been writing in my Journal for 8 days straight and I haven't done that for several years. Let me explain why. Back in Oct. 2000, I found out I was pregnant, but it ended up being a ruptured Ectopic Pregnancy, so I had to have emergency surgery and they had to take my left tube out. I was devastated and I didn't feel like writing in my Journal all that much anymore. I heard that women who have had Ectopic Pregnancies don't have any more children, but some women do have more children. I was scared to have more children, but I had Zach and Connor after that happened to me.

The Journal that I have now, I started on Dec. 24, 2000 and it is now Oct. 15, 2008. The reason for that is, sometimes I would go on for months without writing in my Journal, but I hope I can continue to write in it everyday now. I got my first Journal May 4, 1984, so I was 11 years old and it was the Father Daughter party at Church. The Journal I am on now, is # 22 and it is great to have a Journal. Sometimes I go back and reread my Journals to see what I was doing way back when and it is fun to do, well most of the time it is.

3 comments:

TisforTonya said...

I used to be SO good about keeping a journal - but it has been years since I have been faithful about writing... thanks for being a good example - I'll go dig it out this weekend :)

Sandra said...

The only time I kept a journal with any regularity was on my mission, when I did write every day, and I have quite a few volumes! So I am grateful for that. But I really could do a lot better! Keep it up!

Ashley said...

Keep it up Melinda! I'm on journal #19! But sadly, I haven't been as avid as a journal writer since I got married ten years ago. But, remember--you don't have to use a bonified journal to chronicle your life. E-mails, scrapbooking, calendars and even blogging can count too...as long as you save a copy for yourself and organize them!!