Tomorrow, I have to have surgery and well I am getting nervous about it and somewhat scared. I found a mole a few weeks ago and I have had this mole for I believe most of my life, but the mole has changed shape and color, which isn't good at all. I saw my regular doctor who looked at it and he referred me to a general surgeon, who also looked at it and he said we need to remove it as soon as possible, so they can do a biopsy of the mole and then I will get the results in a week and it will be negative, just being positive about it. Well, I saw the pre-op nurse today and registered and I will be considered an out patient. She gave me some instructions to follow, like I can't wear any jewelry, which I can do; I can't eat anything after 9 pm the day before the surgery and drink anything after midnight. Then the big one for me, is you can't wear any make-up and I always have to wear make-up before I leave the house, because well I look much younger, well people think I am younger then I actually am anyway, but I have to do this, so I will be okay. I also have to have a ride home, which I do, my wonderful husband.
The other thing I don't like, is the time I have to be there, which is 6:15 am and my surgery to remove the mole, is at 7:30 am. With it being that early, my husband Will has to come home early from work tonight. He usually works 3:15 pm-1:45 am and he comes home for dinner at 7 pm, so since he is my ride to the hospital, he has to come home early, so he can get some sleep before I have to be at the hospital. Also, with it being that early, Will gets to drop me off and come home, so he can get the kids ready for school and he also has to take Ethan to school. He will come back to the hospital after Zach gets on the bus, which is around 8:45 am and then he will come to the hospital. The surgery will already be over with, but I have to stay after the surgery, so I can walk around okay and be alert, cause they are giving me something to make me sleepy, so I will not be totally out. So after the surgery, they want me to stay about 1-2 hours, which is fine with me and then Will can take me home. Will is also taking the day off tomorrow, so he can help me with the kids. Also, if I am feeling better tomorrow night, we are going to the college and getting our taxes done, they do it for free if you make under a certain amount, which we do. We like to do our taxes early, so we can get our refund faster and we need our refund.
I just wanted to let everyone know, who reads my blog. I will let everyone know when I get the results and it will be good news.
August 2022
4 years ago
2 comments:
Hope everything goes well, let me know!!
I've had a few moles removed over the years - and while it isn't fun (fun? it's nowhere near fun...) it is a quick surgery...
Honestly, I think the itching was the worst part of it the last time - those darn sutures!
Hopefully the labs will come back clean and there will be no worries, we'll keep our fingers crossed here!
Post a Comment